Saturday, August 17, 2013

Liebster Award Take 2

I can't believe that I got another Liebster Award nomination!
So what is a Liebster Award?  It is an award given to new bloggers with less than 200 followers.  
Here are the rules:
1.  Link back to the blog(s) that nominated you.
2.  Nominate 5-11 blogs with less than 200 followers.
3.  Answer the questions posted by the nominator(s).
4.  Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5.  Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6.  Contact your nominees by commenting on their blog or sending them an e-mail to inform them of their nomination.

Thank you, Brittany for the nomination.
Easing Into Room 101 

Here are Brittany's questions:

1. How did you come up with your blog name? I have been "searching for balance" throughout my personal and professional life forever.  My blog was created as a way to share ideas and experiences, while "searching for balance."
2. How many days this summer did you think about school for the upcoming year? Too many!
3. How many students is your ideal number? 24 
4. What new and upcoming styles do you love/hate? I love the floral prints and am not a fan of thigh-high boots.
5. What's the last movie you saw in theaters? Rate it! Pacific Rim- 3.5 stars (it was entertaining, but crumby writing)
6. If you could teach anywhere in the world, where would you teach and why? (Rome- I LOVE Italy!  My husband proposed on our vacation there 3 years ago.)
7. How did becoming a teacher change your life? Teaching has allowed me to love everyday of my career.  I am so grateful that I get to wake up each morning excited to go to "work."
8. Did you have a student who impacted your life? If so, how? I have lost count of my unforgettable students.  Each year, there are any number of kiddos that change my view on the world.
9. What is the worst/best part of the school day for you? I have a hard time getting myself moving in the morning, but it is all worth it once I walk into school each day.
10. When do you start school??? Teachers start August 26th; Students start September 3rd


11 Random Facts about me:
1. I am left-handed.
2. I have a younger sister.
3. My favorite color is green.
4. I HATE squash.
5. I loathe scary movies.
6. I refuse to wear plain white socks.  If I can't wear sandals then my socks need to be snazzy.
7. I have a dream of visiting all 50 states.
8. I love Kettle Salt and Vinegar chips.
9. Once upon a time, I was a nanny.
10. If I could be any fictional character, I would be Mary Poppins.
11. My sister and I have matching tattoos.
It is an enso.  It signifies our journey of sisterhood.
I have nominated the following blogs:
Elizabeth of Seconds at the Beach (check out her post
Becky from First Grade Friend-zee!
Heather from Ms. Moon's Kindergarten (check out her post
Marie from Beach Lovin' Teach
I am still searching for more blogs to nominate.  If you have a new blog and haven't received a nomination, leave your blog name in a comment below; I would love to check it out.

Here are my questions:
1. What college did you attend?
2. If you were not a teacher, what would you be doing?
3. Do you have any pets? If so what?
4. Who is your favorite children's author?
5. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
6. What is your favorite subject to teach? Why?
7. What is your favorite color to write with?
8. Why did you start blogging?
9. Mr. Sketch markers or Scentos?
10. What is your favorite movie?
11. How do you balance blogging, teaching, living, etc.?


Thanks again, Brittany! 

3 comments:

  1. Found you through instagram,Love finding fellow Oregonians blogging! Where do you teach?

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie,
      I am so happy to connect with follow Oregonians. It was so nice to chit-chat through email this weekend. I hope your last few days of summer treat you well!

      Marcy

      Delete
  2. I have a new blog and would love to be nominated!

    ReplyDelete