Saturday, August 3, 2013

Learning How to Blog









I have to say that blogging is not as easy as spitting thoughts into a post.  It takes learning a brand new language; the language of HTML and everything that entails.  I am beyond grateful for search engines and YouTube for teaching me the small amount that my brain can handle right now.
One YouTube channel that I can't get enough of is Mrs. Standford's.  She does an incredible job of walking you step-by-step through blog design, TPT creation, and so much more.  Thanks to her tutorials I have been able to create my post signature, blog banner, and am working on my social media buttons.
Another great blogger to learn from is Christi, of Ms. Fultz's Corner.  She will even design your blog for you.  She offers these wonderful blogging tips on Wednesdays, check them out!
Even more than tutorials, I have learned that it is ok to ask questions.  I don't know if it is the fact that we are teachers, but everyone is so helpful!  Teacher bloggers are not just willing to answer questions, but also help promote your blog.  Amanda, from Teaching Maddenes has a Budding Blogger feature, and Dana, from Common to the Core, holds a New Teacher Blog Tuesday.  Be sure to check back over the next few months, as I will be featured on both of these incredible blogs.

What advice do you have for a new blogger?  Check out what other teacher's are saying.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you will be featured on Teaching with Maddeness. I love her blog!

    Elizabeth
    Seconds at the Beach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too! Amanda and Dana were so sweet; I can't wait for each of the features to post. You should email them!

      Marcy
      SearchingForTeacherBalance

      Delete