Wednesday, July 10, 2013

What I'm Loving Summer School Edition

I am so excited for another link up with Covered in Glitter and Glue, for What I'm Loving Wednesday.

I know that it is "summer break," but I am loving being back in my classroom.  This week started our Summer Jumpstart Program.  It is a grant program, written by one of our amazing ESL teachers, to "jumpstart" our kindergartners coming into first grade.  I have the privilege of teaching one of classes. Tomorrow, parents will be joining us to learn ways to support their child at home.  I decided that Oh, No! was the perfect game to teach them, as a way to practice sight words.  If you haven't played Oh, No! with your kiddos you can grab the directions from my TPT store.


Teaching summer school is allowing me to keep my TPT juices flowing.  Make sure to check out my latest freebie, ARR! Tally Mark Activity.

Not only do I love creating for TPT, but I love watching my kiddos test out (and LOVE) my creations.  Today, students worked on their short /a/ word families with Ice Cream Word Families.  It was so great to see them manipulating and finding connections throughout the word families.

Today's ultimate love happens to be my Math Tubs.  Ashley's labels are perfect; make sure to check out her blog.  Call me crazy, but I loved taking a basket of math centers and placing each activity in its specified tub.


Happy Wednesday!!

1 comment:

  1. The Oh No! Game is the best!
    Those math tubs are great. I love organization!
    Thanks for linking up!
    Jessica
    Covered in Glitter and Glue

    ReplyDelete