Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday Made It - Organizing Sight Word Sticks and Center Materials

I love Monday Made It link ups.  Thank you Tara for hosting!
One of my goals, last year, was to start making more time for myself.  As a way to set aside some time, I subscribed to ISPY.  If you haven't heard of IPSY, it is a monthly beauty bag filled with samples and full sized items each month.  It is a fun surprise that I have really come to enjoy.  The beauty bag comes in these amazing pink bubble envelopes each month, which I don't feel right throwing away.  They have begun to pile up, so I knew I needed to do something with them.

The first thing that needed to happen was removing the sticky seal.  I was able to pull off the vast majority of it.  What was left I covered with velcro.  I love velcro!

After transforming them into pouches, I knew that they would be perfect for varying center materials.  I picked up 1/2 page sticker shipping labels and got to work.


My students use sight word sticks (click here for this set of stickers-they print on Avery 8167) for a ton of their centers.  These pouches help keep each set organized.  I color-coded the sets in order to make more than one.  Having 33 students requires quite a few sets of materials.

Quickly running a marker along the edge is a great way to separate sets.
This Monday Made It will allow using Reagan's Sight Word Stick Centers so much easier.  If you haven't checked out this pack, I highly recommend it.

 How do you keep your centers organized?

9 comments:

  1. Oh my! I want those envelops!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great, but what comes in them is even better! I am just happy that I found a new use for them.

      Marcy

      Delete
    2. I just signed up for it, but am on the wait list :( I am hoping I can get moved off the wait list soon!

      Delete
    3. Yay! You will love it! See if this link helps at all, http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-h7vwjc1122lc6lg

      I have heard that the wait list is a way for them to get a count before the next month's bags go out. Let me know if you have any questions.

      Marcy

      Delete
    4. Oh I hope that is the case because I would love to start receiving the bags; they look great! And I am trusting they are way worth the $10 (they look like they are).

      Delete
    5. Emily,

      They are so worth it. I love being able to try new things each month. The best part is if you really like something in the bag you can purchase it for a discounted price, thanks to an IPSY code.

      Marcy SearchingForTeacherBalance

      Delete
  2. Ooooo I love those pretty pink envelopes!! I also love that you reused them! :)

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah!

      They are way too pretty to throw away. I am happy I thought of a way to reuse them.

      Marcy
      SearchingForTeacherBalance

      Delete
  3. Love the envelopes and idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete