Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Recipe And A Read Aloud

The Recipe:
I finally tried out a recipe that I pinned, way too long ago.  During my Sunday grocery outing, I picked up the 2 ingredients and threw them in my KitchenAid as soon as I got home.  What is easier than a two ingredient recipe?!


For all of you pumpkin fans, these are FABULOUS!  I highly recommend them for a grab and go breakfast.

The Read Aloud:
We spent last week talking colors with Elmer, so I knew The Days the Crayons Quit would be perfect add on to our learning.  Plus, it is illustrated by Oliver Jeffers, and he is just amazing!

My kiddos ate up the book and have asked me to reread it multiple times.  One of my buggers even said, "I'm coloring with pink because it doesn't get used enough."
Have any of you read this book to your kiddos?

I am thinking about making this post theme a weekly idea?  What do you think?  Would you participate in a linky?


4 comments:

  1. I have heard a lot about that crayon book. Going to have to check it out. The muffins look delicious!
    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie,

      It is such a great book! You have to check it out!

      Marcy
      SearchingForTeacherBalance

      Delete
  2. A 2 ingredient pumpkin recipe?!? sign me up!! :)

    ReplyDelete