Monday, September 16, 2013

A New Center and DIY

Yesterday, was definitely a Sunday Funday!  My sister and I hung out, as part of our normal routine, and worked on projects for my classroom.  My sister and I started this Sunday tradition about 2 1/2 years ago when she was helping me plan my wedding.  We have kept the tradition alive and spend the end of each week relaxing (or trying to), crafting, and cooking.  This week's craft was play dough and knitting.
I have been wanting to implement a play dough center into my classroom since last year.  Therefore, when I stumbled upon this pin I knew I needed to try it out.






Beer in hand, we gathered supplies and whipped up three batches.  







I am still amazed with how easy it was to make.  I definitely plan on making seasonal and smelly blends of the dough, as well.
You might be wondering how I am going to be using all this play dough; Mrs. Vanmeter's Play Dough mats are the answer.  I am beyond excited to introduce these this week.

Be sure to follow me on Instagram for pictures of the mats and play dough in use this week.

I don't know about where you are, but the weather is finally cooling off here.  I have busted out my scarves and sweaters in anticipation for their use.  Check out my sister's ETSY store for her gorgeous creations (link in the picture).




1 comment: