Friday, July 11, 2014

Five For Friday - Summer Lovin'

Happy Friday from Oregon!  Oh how I wish that I was in Vegas with all of you fabulous teachers, but health is number one this summer!  Today's Five for Friday is all about summer lovin'.
1. I have been spending as much time as I can outside.  This guy loves it and I can't complain, except for the sun burn...EEKK!


2. This book is too good!  I haven't been able to put it down and I can't wait to finish it today.  See my awesome bookmark I made?!  You can read all about my custom bookmarks here.
If you are looking for a quick great read pick it up!
UPDATE - This is hands down one the the BEST books I have read in a long time.  I didn't want it to end.  The plot was superior and entertaining.  This slow reader blew through it in less than 24 hours.

3. I can't wait to dive into these reads!  Can you tell that I enjoy young adult fiction?
What have been some of your favorites this summer?

4. As always summer or not, I am loving my new Scentos goodies!  These pencils are awesomely smelly!  Plus, they write great.

5. Drumroll please..................
It lanches this Sunday!  I am beyond excited and grateful for all of your love and support over the last year!  There are over a dozen incredible teachers helping me celebrate this blogiversary.  Be sure to swing over Sunday and check it out!

What are you lovin' this summer?

10 comments:

  1. A ton of us must have started our blogs last summer. My blogiversary was just a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for the book recommendation. I'm always looking for a good book. Is that pool just for your dog? Adorable! Have a great day!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw in the news that there's a massive heat wave in your area of the country. I bet your pup loves his pool to stay cool. I'm looking forward to the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading as well! I am reading Reconstructing Amelia right now and can't put it down! Oh, and Happy Early Blogiversary!

    Jamie

    Drop By...
    Life As I Know It

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading YA novels! I am currently on a John Green kick! I have one more book of his to read. Happy Blog Anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're getting some time to do some fun reading this summer! My favorite fun read this summer so far has been Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson.
    Deb
    Not very fancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I have more books to add to my reading list! :) We have a little pool for our pup too! Enjoy the sun!!!

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pic of your dog! He is enjoying the summer fun! :0) I, too, love smelly things--where did you get your Scentos pencils? Thanks for sharing!

    Smiles,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love young adult books, too! I've loved The Fault in Our Stars :)

    Ashley
    Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is looking really great! Did you design the banner/header yourself? I love yummy-smelly school supplies too and I'll have to check out those pencils!
    --Heather
    Ms.Moon’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of We Were Liars, but I just added it to my list! I just finished The Goldfinch, which was long and required a lot of attention, so now I am reading The Best of Me (Nicholas Sparks) which is much easier! Both are good. I like YA too, especially during the school year when it's hard to find enough time to read.

    Kristin
    My Carolina Classroom

    ReplyDelete