Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Made It - ModPodge Style

Hi, my name is Marcy.  I am a teacher, moose fanatic, and LOVER of MODPODGE!  Yes, you read that correctly, I LOVE ModPodge!  I don't know what it is about the stuff, but it can transform anything into a masterpiece.  Just look at today's Monday Made It.
I having been holding on to these awesome Talenti gelato containers just waiting to craft with them.  By the way, if you are not familiar with Talenti gelato head to the store NOW and get some; not only are they gluten free (a must for me), but they are AMAZING!!
I decided to beautify these containers and use them for classroom manipulatives and supplies.
I used scrapbook paper, ModPodge, a paintbrush, and scissors for this project.
Once I measured out the paper, I coated the container with ModPodge.  An important trick is to make sure that each layer is thin.  If you use too much ModPodge is creates bubbles and no one wants bubbles.
When ever you are covering a round object, it helps to cut slits at the bottom of your covering.  It allows for easier wrapping.




I love the way they turned out!


I can't wait to make more and fill them with manipulatives.  I looks like my next project is going to be cute labels for them.

Happy Creating!!!

Don't forget to enter...

5 comments:

  1. I love ModPodge (!!!) AND I have to eat gluten-free too. Eeek, we have so much in common!! :) Your jars came out so cute! I love the patterns you picked!

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah!! I am happy to meet another GF buddy. I would love to swap recipes and ideas some time.

      Marcy

      Delete
  2. I have a feeling I will be showing off something similar and completely inspired by you and this post soon - a great idea for all the plastic containers I have been collecting! Thank you!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! This makes me so happy! I have an issue holding on to containers like this. It was nice to finally figure out what I wanted to do with them. I can't wait to see what you make!

      Marcy

      Delete
  3. I LOVE mod-podge as well! I actually have been in the process of diy-decorating clip boards and my modpodge has definitely come in handy! Nice work on the containers!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete