Friday, January 17, 2014

Five For Friday - A New Year

With a new year and a new start, I am focusing on the little things.  It is the little things that get us through the day, put a smile on our faces, and give us something to laugh about; right?!?
I am linking up with DoodleBugs to showcase my 5 little things...

1. This guy
He always finds a way to make me laugh and feel loved.  How can you not smile looking at him?

2. Cuteness!
Everything about this mug is amazing!  First of all, it holds COFFEE!  Second of all, it has donuts on it!

3. Mo Willems
He is a genius!

4. Smelly Markers
It is no lie!  I LOVE smelly markers.  They bring me back to my childhood, when times were less stressful!

5. "Maybe the Best Hasn't Happened Yet"
I live by these words from my favorite artist Tristan Prettyman.  I love being reminded of them, as I wear the phrase on my wrist! (No, I don't wear 10 of them, just one!)


What little thing helps brighten your day?

7 comments:

  1. I love smelly markers too!!! They make me happy when I use them. I put them in a blog post as a top back to school supply!!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The smelly markers are part of growing up. Your post made me smile.
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marcy. I found you through the Five For Friday linky, and I had to comment because your dog is so handsome! If he would like a blogging buddy, my dog actually has her own blog:

    http://www.gabithedog.blogspot.com/

    I LOVE Tristan Prettyman's songs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcy,
    Your post was timely. and. perfect. Thanks.
    :) Shelley
    The Perks of Teaching Primary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these! Especially the markers- they are the only kind of markers I use for my anchor charts. The picture of your dog makes me miss my family dog... so cute!!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! I loved those markers! I'm off to Amazon to pick up a pack now!
    Thanks!
    Kayla
    Stuff Students Say and Other Classroom Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only thing I can talk about is that dog. Dog in a hat! LOVE that picture! LOVE! I do really like Mo's books too. Fun post!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete