Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Thankful!

This past weekend, I had the privilege of learning with an amazing group of educators.  It was an intense weekend of learning, and I still feel like the face down kid, but it was an inspiring weekend.


A little background...my school has entered its exploratory year of the PYP (original post).  For those of you not familiar with the Primary Years Programme, it is the beginning piece of the International Baccalaureate model.  This model is made up of a lot of what I am doing as a teacher, but with added components and terminology that seem frightening at first (hence the facedown student).
I am thankful for this learning!  Although it might seem overwhelming, it is what is right for my kiddos and me.  I make it a goal to learn one new thing everyday, and this weekend took my goal and laughed at it.  The amount of learning my brain soaked up was extreme, I left each day unsure on how to process it all, but I know with time and experimenting it will happen.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment