Thursday, November 21, 2013

Tried A Few New Apps

My students and I are beyond pumped that our DonorsChoose project has finally arrived.  I am incredibly grateful for Chevron's help in funding this project and placing superb technology into my students' hands.

In preparation for the use of these iPads, in my classroom, I have been testing out new apps like crazy.  Here are a few of my new favorites:

Apps Gone Free does not always feature kid appropriate apps, but it is worth having and checking out regularly.  I have scored some great productivity apps, interactive books, and more.

Math Museum is one app that I found through Apps Gone Free.  This is by far my new favorite fact fluency app.  Players make their way through the game collecting numbers and applying them to different facts.  The best part is that it can be differentiated for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division skills.

I recently had the opportunity to review Spellyfish's up-coming app, short /i/.  These apps are perfect for short vowel spelling practice.  Spellyfish isolates each sound making word formation practice ideal for beginning readers.

What apps are you using with your students?

No comments:

Post a Comment