Thursday, October 10, 2013

Kicking Off Our Bat Unit

This week officially kicked off our Bat Unit!  We are already having a blast!  I started our learning with Cara Carroll's fabulous bar graph activity...Do you think bats are cute or creepy?

My kiddos did an awesome job graphing and tallying.  The best part is that tallies are part of our SMART goal right now. Once we determined our general feelings about bats, we started BRAINSTORMING!

I am so proud of the question words that my students were using.  We will continue to add to our I Wonder... wing as the unit goes on, while also adding I Learned... answers to the other wing.
This week, in guided reading groups, we worked on finding small words in larger words.  As an extra activity, we will also be working on building words.  I figured that NOCTURNAL was the best word to start with.
Click on the image above to grab your copy of this activity.

What are you working on right now?


No comments:

Post a Comment