Thursday, February 16, 2017

Word Buddies: Part 2 Blends

It is always a great find when you have one resource that continues along with your students as they grow and develop in their learning.  That is why I am still loving the Letter Buddies series, from Hameray Publishing.

You can read all about how I used the first stage of Letter Buddies with my developing readers here.  We have since moved into blends, which is huge for my readers!  I am so proud of them and the connections that they have been making.
The blends books that are the next stage in the Letter Buddies series, by Hameray Publishing, are the perfect bridge to sight word development that all developing reading must achieve.

Just like the first stage, the blends books, have a sight word reader and a pattern book that go together.

After reading and reviewing the sight word book, my kiddos practiced building the words and finding connections between other words that they have learned.

They then applied these new words to the pattern book.  The successes they have with the pattern book are incredible because they are familiar with the words, thanks to the sight word reader.

If you haven't checked out the Letter Buddy series, from Hameray Publishing, get on it.  I cannot say enough great things about these books.

What is your favorite tool for supporting your developing readers?  Leave a comment below.  I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment