Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Valentine FREEBIES! Yes, more than one!!

Valentine's Day is around the corner and I don't know about you, but I feel like it has become worse than Halloween in the terms of sweets and treats.  Several years ago, I informed my student that treats would no longer be allowed.  I encouraged them to make cards and tokens of their affection for each of their classmates.  With food allergies and the need for healthy choices in schools, I am sticking to it.
This year, I am giving my students fortune cookie erasers with these fortunes (you can grab a free copy here).   Oriental Trading also has an awesome assortment of fortune cookies.  From charms to plastic cookies, these novelties make the perfect valentine gift with these tags.
These erasers are super cute and the tags, which I printed on cardstock, can be rolled up to make the message a surprise.
My students and I recently read the book The Biggest Valentine Ever, by Steven Kroll.  It is an adorable story of two boys that realize that working together isn't easy, but it is so worth it.
Together they end up creating the most amazing valentine ever,  a Valentine Mouse for their teacher.

This craftivity pairs perfectly with the book, but can be used without it.  Honestly, is the perfect craft for any day of the year.  I mean, how cute is this mouse.
All of the pieces and directions can be found by clicking on the picture or this link.

What is you favorite Valentine's Day book and craft?  Leave me a comment below to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment