Sunday, August 16, 2015

New Series - Life of a New Mama

As I mentioned, I plan on adding some different content to the blog as my "search for balance" has been rocked with this new addition to our family.  Enter...Life of a New Mama!

One of the first things that crossed my mind, once we were home from the hospital, was "How in the world am I going to maintain supper time?"  Cooking and eating healthy are two very important components in my life.  Cooking has always been a way for me to decompress, and being gluten free requires a lot more eating at home.  How in the world do you do that with a newborn that wants to nurse at all hours of the day?  Well, between Pinterest and my Slow Cooker we have had dinner every night.
Here are some of my favorite new recipes:

French Dip Sammies


Easy Peasy Pulled Pork


Sweet and Sour Chicken

Each of these recipes were easy to tweak to make gluten free.  I just had to use tamari instead of soy sauce, gf rolls for the sammies, and double check things like the bbq sauce to make sure there were no sneaky ingredients.

What are your favorite slow cooker recipes?


No comments:

Post a Comment