Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Making Time

With the hustle and bustle of back to school, we very quickly forget to make our selves a priority.  We love what we do and we emerge into what we love.  Yet, too often that mentality backfires on us.  There is a reason teachers have a summer break, and instead of keeping it going we yearn for the next break.  Instead, I challenge each of you, my self included, to remember to stop and make time for your health just as you did during your vacation.
Yoga has always been my go-to for stress relief and me time.  With a busy teaching schedule, I made it my GOAL to get to a minimum of one class a week.  If I did this I would reward myself with a coffee treat at the end of the week.  I can't wait to get back into yoga, after I am cleared at my 8 week postpartum check up, but once I go back to work I have no idea if this will remain my goal.
To all you working parents, how do you do it?  What is your one thing that you do for YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment