Saturday, May 31, 2014

Ramona Recommends Book Club - The Year of Billy Miller

I love a great book recommendation and Courtney from Ramona Recommends totally nailed it with this month's book club pick.
Kevin Henkes is one of my favorite picture book authors and I was so excited to crack open this chapter book.  I love how he divided the books into specific character interactions for Billy.  This format allowed for the reader to truly see how Billy Miller evolved over the year.
I plan on using this book as an end of the year read aloud with my firsties next year, since Billy is a second grader.  It would obviously be a great beginning of the year read aloud of second grade.
On a random note...just as exciting as reading the book is my new bookmark obsession.  How great is this one?!?
More to come on this new book accessory love...

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the cute post! I agree this book is just darling!

    ReplyDelete