Sunday, February 9, 2014

Spreading LOVE Throughout the School

I LOVE Valentine's Day!  What I am not a fan of is the amount of candy it contains.  In order to keep the focus on spreading love, I ask students and parents to not bring candy to school.  I also make sure that our activities throughout the week, and specifically on Valentine's Day "spread the love."
One of my favorite activities is our cards to staff members.  When I taught fifth grade and even as an ESL teacher, I helped students write valentines to former teachers to detail why they are still in that student's heart.  This is a little tricky with first grade, due to their lack of years in school.  Therefore, I have students choose a staff member that is "in their heart."  First graders come up with the most adorable valentines and love giving their chosen staff member the card.  Here is the template that my kiddos use:

You can grab a copy of the valentine template I use by clicking on the picture above.

What is your favorite Valentine's Day activity?

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Thank you for the freebie! I can definitely use this!

    Elizabeth
    Seconds at the Beach

    ReplyDelete