Friday, June 28, 2013

First Five for Friday

I am so excited to be linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching, for today's Five for Friday.  This will be Kacey's last Five for Friday until August, but don't fret, Friday blog posts, in July, will still feature greats from the week.

This week has been filled with organizing, relaxing, and packing.  

1. Washi tape!  Where has this stuff been all my life?!  I am in love with how easily is transforms Blah! into BOOM!


2. Pathways to the Common Core.  Over the last couple years, I have been preparing myself for the transition to CCSS.  As an ESL teacher, I worked on breaking down the standards to determine what language forms and functions my students would be required to use.  Now, as a classroom teacher, I have jumped head first into the CCSS.  This books has severed as a fabulous resource throughout all of my work up-to and with the CCSS.  I highly recommend it!


3. Creating for TPT.  I love being able to let my creative juices flow, while sharing the final products will all of you.  This week, I added a set of I have...Who has...? and a super cute word family activity.
4. My Monster.  I love being home during the summer to walk and play with this terrific fur ball.  


5. Erin Condren Life Planner.  I did it, I splurged and got my first Erin Condren Life Planner.  I chose to go with the Life Planner because I use a digital format for my lesson plans.  I love that I was able to personalize this planner, it inspires me each time I look at it.  I am eagerly waiting to start writing in it!


I am off to HOTlanta for the National Education Association's Representative Assembly (NEA-RA).  This annual event is an incredible experience where members from all over the nation come together to monitor and support our rights as pubic educators.  

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Pathways to the Common Core is a great resource! Good find! Have a great trip!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete