Saturday, November 5, 2016

November Literacy Fun with The Ugly Pumpkin

I LOVE the fall!  I love the change of colors here in the Pacific Northwest.  I love the crisp air.  I also love reading The Ugly Pumpkin, by Dave Horowitz.  It is an adorable tale about a pumpkin that can't understand why no one will choose him to be their Halloween Jack O' Lantern.  It isn't until he stumbles upon a group of squash that he realizes who he truly is...a SQUASH.
My students always get a kick out of this squash, and love the happy ending.  I created several activities that accompany this book years ago.
I finally gave my companion pack to this book a huge overhaul!  


This pack contains:
•Pumpkin and Squash facts
•Pumpkin and Squash photographs
•Pumpkin Versus Squash Venn Diagram
•The Ugly Pumpkin rhyming activity
•The Ugly Pumpkin Figurative Language Matching activity
•The Ugly Pumpkin Story Maps
•2 templates•picture option
•answer keys provided for all activities
•Ugly Pumpkin Craftivities






Head over to my TeachersPayTeachers store to grab a copy of this fun filled pack!

What is your favorite things about this time of year?  What is your favorite fall picture book?











*this post contains Amazon affiliate links *

No comments:

Post a Comment