Saturday, September 27, 2014

Staying Active with GoNoodle

We all know that we live in a world of less active children.  This shift from playing outside to playing video games inside has not only messed with the health of our nation, but it has drastically taken a toll on the education of American Youth.  I am linking up with GoNoodle to share how I have been trying to fix this never-ending battle.

Getting students up and moving is not new information.  Teachers have always known that students perform better when they are DOING the learning.  As educations we have taken class upon class on how to engage our students and have them be active participants, but where were the classes on activity and brain development?  Thinking back, I had one class during my Master's Program on "How the Special Needs Brain Works," and I attended a BrainGym workshop, but that was it.  It wasn't until my friend Britney, from Tailor Made Teaching, mentioned GoNoodle that I discovered the tool that would change my classroom forever.  Not just my classroom, but my students' well beings.
GoNoodle is the active tool that students need to give their brain a break and to get their blood flowing. It is the device that makes transitions smooth, while never wasting a minute.  It allows students to stretch their minds and their muscles.

But, it also allows students to move and experience the joy that movement brings to our bodies and minds.

The icing on the cake is that your students can use GoNoodle at home, too.  It is music to my ears when students walk in the classroom and say, "I GoNoodled at home yesterday!"  Not only are they excited, but I am thrilled to know that this healthy choice has been an impact on them as well.

How do you promote activity in your classroom?  Do you use GoNoodle?

No comments:

Post a Comment