Saturday, September 20, 2014

A Recipe And A Read Aloud


The new school year is underway and I am already anticipating Fall.  I need to slow down!  I LOVE fall, but in Oregon that means rain and more rain.  I know we need it right now, but I appreciate the fact that my raincoat isn't on me at all times.  However, Fall does mean pumpkins, gourds, spices, and warm colors.
In anticipate of the season change, I decided to whip up some of my favorite pumpkin muffins, but with a twist, they are now gluten free.  Some of you may have noticed a change in my recipes (especially those I pinned on Pinterest).  Back in March I went through some medical chaos and was told that one way to help my body was to go GF.  This Italian thought the doc was crazy!  I have NEVER had a reaction to gluten, but I learned that doesn't matter.  I decided to follow the doctor's recommendation and have been 100% GF since March.  Let me tell you, as someone that had never had an issue with gluten in the past, I feel 900x better without it in my system.  Weird?!?!  So...these muffins are now GF.

The Recipe - 2 (3) Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
You will need...

Next, just mix the two until smooth.

Then, just pour into a greased muffin pan. 
I like to add a dash of Pumpkin Pie Spice on top before baking.

Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
These are GF, dairy free, egg free, but full of happiness!



The Read Aloud - The Adventure of Beekle The Unimaginary Friend

I picked up this book last spring, but I have held on to it because I feel that it is the perfect back to school, friendship book.  Beekle is an adorable imaginary friend who seeks the child that needs him in life.  His adventures lead him this way and that, but ultimately in a loving home.
The illustrations are absolutely breathtaking!  I highly recommend this book for your classroom library!

What is your favorite fall treat and read aloud right now?

2 comments:

  1. I am off to make these muffins! I buy that vanilla cake mix in bulk at Bobs Red Mill. And I am still waiting for Oregon fall weather...not this heat ridiculousness.
    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an easy way to make muffins! That book looks like a good one. I had a student last year with an imaginary friend-she would have enjoyed that book! :)

    Not Just Child's Play

    ReplyDelete