Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June Book Club

I am beyond excited to be hosting this month's Ramona Recommends' eBook Club.  I don't know about you, but finding time to read during the school year can be crazy.  I try my best to find the time to relax with a good book, but my pile seems to grown until the summer when I can really dive into them.  However, I have made the time to read both of Courtney's eBook Club recommendations and have LOVED them both. 
This month we will be discussing two books; one geared toward primary students and one for intermediate.  You are more than welcome to read both or just one, but either way be sure to leave your thoughts along the way.
 The primary pick is Ribbit!, by Rodrigo Folgueira. 
The intermediate read is A Snicker of Magic, by Natalie Llyod.

June's book club will run from Tuesday, June 3rd until Wednesday, July 2nd.

This month's discussion:
1. If you are new this month--Introduce yourself to the group: Share your name, blog/instagram name, what grade you teach, and a little bit about yourself.  *Remember, you do not need a blog to be a part of this discussion. You can just leave a comment below this post. :)
2. What were your thoughts of the book?
3. How could you use this book with your students?
4. Did you have any connections to other texts while reading this book?

Feel free to share the book club button on your instagram and blog pages.

Happy Reading!


2 comments:

  1. I love Snicker of Magic! There have been several books recently that I have read that have characters lives overlapping because of "mistakes" ancestors have made. I loved the theme of home and facing difficulties rather than running away-- good messages. To see my list of "read-alike" books, GO HERE!
    Caitlin
    4th Grade Teacher
    TheRoomMom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Snicker of Magic! I just finished-can you say summer school. I shared this book with a few girls in my summer school class and they are super excited to read it. I am all about themes- This book was perfect to introduce during SWEET TREATS week at summer school. I heart the vocabulary in this book. I would love to use this as a read aloud to help build student vocabulary. I hope you have a Snickerdoodle week!!!
    Courtney
    Ramona Recommends

    ReplyDelete