Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Recipe and a Read Aloud - Summer is on my Mind

I can't believe how this year has flown by!  We may not be done until mid-June, but it feels so close.
In light of the warmer weather and SUNSHINE (oh how I miss sunshine during Oregon winters) I whipped up an easy treat and dusted off my favorite end-of-the-year read aloud.

The Recipe:
Fruity Coconut Pops
All you need is fruit, coconut water, and a Popsicle mold.

Cut up your fruit choice(s) and place it in the mold.  Be sure to fill each slot about 3/4 full.

Once the mold is filled with your fruit pour coconut water over the fruit, filling each compartment.

Don't forget to place a Popsicle stick in each slot before placing them in the freezer.

Enjoy!


The Read Aloud:

For the last nine years, I have read Miss Rumphius, by Barbara Cooney to my students.  I have used this book with kinders all the way through fifth graders.  I love that it can reach such a variety of students! I always wait to read it during a plant unit or at the end of the year.  The author's message is one that I want my students to carry with them forever...which is why I send them home with flower seeds.

What is your go-to end of the year read aloud?  What is your favorite quick warm weather treat?

****I am looking for someone to design A Recipe and a Read Aloud banner/sign.  If you are interested please send me an email.****

1 comment:

  1. Those look so good! I sure hope we get some more hot days where I can enjoy these!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete