Monday, March 28, 2016

Your Support System

As a new mom talking to other moms was sometimes the only thing that helped me get through the day.  There were times when I was convinced no one understood what I was going through.  That was until I attended my first mom group.  As we sat and introduced ourselves and our littles an immediate calm fell over me.  I was with my people.  "They get me," I thought to myself.  I made it a point to attend these weekly groups while I was on maternity leave and boy do I miss all the mamas I met. 
Since being back to work and taking on the role of a teacher mama, I have learned that I still rely on a different support system.  Now, I fall toward other working mamas.  They have shared the misery of sleepless nights and feeling like you are being stretched to your limits. 
As we search for balance in our lives it is so important to have a support system.  We all need someone or a group that we can trust, talk to, vent to, commiserate with. 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/214658817/printable-art-quote-gift-for-mom-behind?ref=unav_listing-other
 I saw this sign recently; I am convinced that every moms' group needs this on the door of their meeting place.

Do you have a support system?  I am here for you if you ever need to vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment