Saturday, September 5, 2015

GoNoodle Blogger Blitz!

GoNoodle has been a staple in my classroom for going on three school years.  It is how I start my students' day, give them needed brain breaks, and wrap up our day's learning.  You may be thinking...How do you have the time in your day for all of these breaks?  Well here are my two cents...take them or leave them...
Giving students breaks throughout the day allows them to have the necessary time they need to process information.  Too often, we talk, talk, talk, show, show, show and never give the time needed to process, process, process.  GoNoodle provides fun interactive breaks to give my students' brains the time they need to take it all in.
GoNoodle allows my students to start their day on a positive note.
Think About It provides a quite way for my kiddos to set an intention for the day.  I often feel like I need this more than my students.
We also use Maximo to start our day.  His guidance allows us to wake up and get that much needed oxygen to our brains.
For those MUCH needed wiggle breaks, I always turn to my favorite duo, Koo Koo Kanga Roo.  We were lucky enough to have them perform at our school last year.  You should swing over to my Facebook page and check out my Pop See Ko moves at 35 weeks pregnant!  These guys know how to get our wiggles out and wake us up!
As I mentioned before, I also use GoNoodle at the end of the day.  I let my students pick which breaks they want to do.  I have found this to be a positive way to bring everyone back together once more before heading home.

I am so excited to be linking up with GoNoodle and so many fabulous bloggers to share how we are using GoNoodle this year!
Plus, one lucky reader gets to win these AWESOME GoNoodle pencils.  Just leave a comment telling me how you plan to use GoNoodle in your classroom this year.  I will choose one random winner from the comments below.


BONUS!!! Have you checked out the GoNoodle shop?!?  There are so many cool items.  Head over and grab some goodies.  Make sure to use the discount code BTSwithGoNoodle for 15% off your purchase September 4th-11th.

Happy Noodling!!!

13 comments:

  1. Go Noodle is amazing! I love how it engages everyone! I'll be using it this year at the end of the day; sending them home humming to a song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to introduce my new class to Go Noodle when I meet them on Tuesday! We use it for transitions and special rewards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan to use go noodle as a break from the traditional work. Students need to get up and move! This will ensure that I give time for that!
    Emily
    scheinbere@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use GoNoodle brain breaks sporadically but I really want to use it more often! We are 4 weeks into the school year and only at 45 minutes. I'd better get on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love using GoNoodle all day long! My kids transition so quickly when I put on Koo Koo Kanga Roo!
    Polka Dot Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use GoNoodle to get the kiddos moving and as a reward for hard work. ExceptionalKinders@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would be perfect for our breaks in my math classes. They are over an hour long and my kiddos need a wiggle break. This is great! Starting it after the break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber, I couldn't agree more! You have won a set of GoNoodle Pencils! Please email me at
      searchingforteacherbalance@gmail.com with your address so that I can get your prize to you.

      :)

      Delete
  8. My class is super squirrely this year, gotta get the wiggles out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would use it to break up a long lesson....to give the students a chance to move around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use it for transitions and schedule them throughout the day, but I like to have my class earn extra breaks, too!
    breannesimons@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using GoNoodle for transitions as well! You have been chosen as my GoNoodle Blitz winner! I am emailing you now!

      Marcy

      Delete
  11. I love Go Noodling for indoor recess or on days when my kids don't have gym!

    ReplyDelete